Friday, November 18, 2011

my opinion about ( The weaving of design and community )

the presentation talks about designing for community and for the public needs. this topic is internationally needed.nowadays, many advertisements and designs are trying to make their ways to consumers more thoroughly. Consumers have become more concerned about important issues in this world that are selfless! This kind of thinking is promoted more throughout movies, or maybe the tons of depressing news we hear everyday or by any other means.
here in Jeddah the community service in general is required from all ages, in schools colleges and companies. so designers are more required to design for community and for what the public needs. one of the questions in the end of the presentation made me stop and think a lot , (do you think Saudi Designer would work for free, for his community? , why ? )
for me as a Saudi designer i would do it 100% but of course beside my regular job, i won't leave my job because of course i need to earn money , in the same time ill manage my time to do some community service in Design wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment